Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Hugs

Good Morning,

Think of someone you really love. Someone to rejoice in, someone you put first, before yourself, without hesitation. Maybe it's a child, your lover, a parent or a friend. We have all felt this way towards someone in our lives. What would the world be like if we all felt this way about more people? Possibly even all people?

Recently a very dear longtime friend has suffered a terrible accident, one that left her broken and at one point fighting for her life. I have always loved and admired her strong sense of character, her unwillingness to give in to the negative aspects of life that bring so many down and her undying belief in putting others first.

Despite all she has been through in last few weeks and all that she will endure on the road ahead of her she still demonstrated her undying compassion and thoughtfulness for others. Here is a woman who has bared a mighty blow and suffered great physical and mental pain and in the midst of it all she only wanted to do one thing. . . . speak with her friends and family and tell them how much she loved them, and priceless it all really is.

Of all the things she could ask for, or be concerned about she had only one simple request before the pain medication put her to sleep and I want to share that request with each of you today:

Go hold someone you love, tell them how much you love them, share it with them this very moment. Call, crawl or show up on their doorstep, just do it now for there are no guarantees we will be able to do it later. Know that we will all pass and the only thing that matters is how we spend this very moment and if we spend it telling someone we love them, then it is a moment well spent.

My wife and hugged and cried the remainder of the night not because of sadness, but because our dear friend has managed to turn the arrows of life into the flowers of her garden. Thank you my friend, the world can never have too much love.

Peace and Love, Jim

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for this compassionate and loving post.

Being able to reach out to someone to tell them you love them feels good for everyone! You, them, the universe.

I had a rough Thanksgiving, it was my first as a single person. I knew it was going to be rough, yet at some level it was easier than I anticipated.

Many friends reached out to me, and I had a chance to reach out to a few others. We are not meant to be alone. God never intended that...

Recently, I have been doing a great deal of exploration of lonliness and solitude. Such different spiritual places. Such a place of choice.

What I have become clear about is that untill I can surrender the lonliness and step into a place of solitude with my God, I have no business entering into relationships with others.

This has been a profound insight for me these past months of coming to terms with my divorce. Through the pain and healing, I have deepened my connection with God and myself and have been able to step outside myself to serve because of it. It has been a powerful and healing journey, that I would never give up, inspite of the difficulty.

Thanks for the thought provoking insights you share.

Blessings, Florence

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home