Roles
Good Morning,
Several weeks ago I ended a personal struggle with myself. It was a long arduous moment in which I felt as though I was no longer enjoying my role at work. The things that had become so dear to my heart and inspired me to be in my role had slowly become tainted and how shall we say. . . like work. Now I've never been afraid of work, but this moment for me was more of a disappointment. I was disappointed with coworkers (past and present), I was disappointed with clients and I was disappointed with how the company I founded and dreamed of so dearly had turned out quite differently from my original vision (very successful yet different).
Disappointment stems from many sources, mine is usually due to desires or painting pictures that may or may not materialize. Whenever I find myself in this spot I think back to Cliff Rupert in middle school. Everyone made fun of Cliff, he came from a very poor family, had his classes taped together and wore old hand me downs. I was one of the few that had befriended Cliff ( I have always loved the underdog). One day on the bus Cliff informed me he was trying out for a part in a school play. His mother told me that he'd set his heart on being in it, and we both feared he would not be chosen. On the day the parts were awarded, I waited with her to catch a ride with him after school. Cliff rushed up to her, eyes shining with pride and excitement. Guess what?, he shouted, and then said those words that still remain a lesson to me: I've been chosen to clap and cheer!
We sometimes forget the value of the roles we play even the small or supporting ones, but let us never forget the value it may have to others. Cliff went on to be a very successful physical therapist.
Have a spectacular day and carry this thought, success is measured by the strength of your wisdom; the size of your heart; and how you handle disappointment along the way.
Peace and Love, Jim
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home