Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Nice Day

Good Morning,

As many of you may have noticed I often end my posts here with have a nice day or some other salutation. Have you ever wondered what that means? What is a nice day? One in which everything goes our way? We feel perfect? We have everything we want for one day? All of these?

Now consider the chances of any one of them happening for a full day. Can we have a nice or great day? As you can see it (a nice day) requires a definition. Many of us have a hard time defining what "great" or "nice" is, yet we have no trouble recognizing a bad day and the culprits that caused it. My point is not really about days good or bad, it's about perceptions and definitions. We can perceive a bad day (or displeasure) because we know what made us unhappy, irritated, or uncomfortable. We have trouble identifying good days (pleasure) because most of us have not defined them. For most a good day is simply getting through it without any unexpected displeasure.

When I wish someone a good day, I am wishing they have the mental attitude and mindfulness to identify the many lessons that are presented to them each day. I am wishing not that people have uneventful days or ones with no displeasure, in fact it is quite the opposite. I hope you have many events and twists and turns of fate, how else will we grow? or learn? The uncertainty of our life is what we should relish in for it is there we will find what we truly need to have a nice day.

Uncertainty and mystery are energies of life. Don't let them scare you, for they keep boredom at bay and spark the creativity that will see you through.

Have a nice day!

Peace and Love, Jim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home