Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentines Day

Good Morning,

Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays. I remember making Valentine hearts for my mother and getting ready for the giving of Valentine cards at school (and all the candy!). It was one of the few holidays when an an oversensitive guy with an open heart could really be comfortable. I was one of those kids that gave everybody a Valentine card and could not wait to collect my own. It was silly, but I enjoyed it none-the-less.

These days I still enjoy the tradition and look forward to small holiday and it's hubbub. The fact that this heart-centered if not over-commercialized day falls around the same time as Tibetan New Year also reminds me to make new year's resolutions relating to those I love and renew my commitment to cultivating goodness of heart. My resolutions usually involve opening my heart and mind; listening better; learning to forgive and to love even those I don't know or even like; and coming to accept and bless the world, rather than fighting with it or trying to escape from it.

Today is a great day to reflect on the lessons I have learned and one of the greatest among life's lessons is how to love and to love well, and to BE love, as well to give and receive it. I believe love is central to not only to happiness, growth and fulfillment, but is really the answer to all of life's situations.

Happy Valentines day to each of you. You are loved.

Peace and Love, Jim

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home