E Pluribus Unum
Good Morning,
As we prepare to vote here today I wanted to shine a little light on the matters of politics and making choices. Many of us remember (or have seen) the saying "E Pluribus Unum" imprinted on some of our U.S currency. The saying means "Out of Many One" and was born when the various colonies united to create one nation. On one level it recognized that all people are one (our fore fathers really did have it together!) and on another level, that the consciousness of all beings together is one definition of God.
In 1953, Congress changed the phrase from "E Pluribus Unum" to "One Nation Under God." One nation Under God signifies that all beings are subordinate to whoever claims to be speaking for God, something we seem to have an abundance of. Our politicians especially seem to have a knack for claiming a special insight into Gods will and intentions. Some of these "noble" politicians actually include the targeting of individual races, intolerance and downright hatred as part of their political plan!
Today when you use your mind and your vote I encourage you to consider the values of faith, caring, concern and genuine meaning as guides to your final decisions. I do not mean to mix religion and politics (certainly a recipe for lively discourse) but today is one small chance for a mindful decision, after all who would God vote for?
Peace and Love, Jim
1 Comments:
"Who would God vote for?" - Man, now that's a voting slogan if I've ever heard of one! :D I hope that doesn't get too far out into the public view; I can see it possibly being taken too literal and people going to some extreme to vote for some ideal of God. But, I guess then again, some people already do use that mentality when voting :)
Thanks for the reminder to vote!
Post a Comment
<< Home