Two Quarters
Good Morning,
I had my father come stay with us for a week last year around the holidays. We caught caught up on many aspects of our lives and reminisced about times past. The one aspect of our conversation that became very apparent was my dads feeling that the world was going to down the drains and it was the future generations that were going to take it there even faster, because as he put it "they have no morals, no values, they just do not care."
I know each generation in passing often feels this way, but I tend to think we are embracing and raising a generation that is quite the opposite. I believe in the youth of today and feel they will be one of the wisest generations to come along in sometime. I see it all around me and if you pay close attention you will see it at almost every level and age. One time while at a local diner (they serve lots of waffles by the way) a young boy entered and sat at a table directly across from me. The waitress put a glass of water in front of him. "How much is an ice cream sundae?" "A buck fifty," replied the waitress. The little boy pulled his hand out of his pocket and studied a number of coins in it. "How much is a dish of plain ice cream?" he inquired. Some people were now waiting for a table, and the waitress was impatient. "one dollar," she said angrily. The little boy again counted the coins. "I'll have the plain ice cream." The waitress brought the ice cream and walked away. The boy finished, paid the cashier, and departed. When the waitress came back, she swallowed hard at what she saw. There, placed neatly beside the empty dish, were two quarters, her tip.
It is not a selfish generation like we had in the 80's, it is not a self absorbed generation like we had in the 90's. We have a genuine, caring generation that understand their place in this world and the effects they can have on it. We have one of the most informed and astute generations to ever walk the planet coming up right now and every time I think about it I can not help but feel we will be in good hands.
Have a beautiful day and carry this thought; the capacity to care is the thing which gives significance to life.
Peace and Love, Jim
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home