Monday, March 06, 2006

Don't Go Back To Sleep

Good Morning,

It was a wonderful weekend, I hope everyone found a way to enjoy it! I wanted to start the week off simple and crisp. I found this verse and was moved by its simple and strange beauty. I just wanted to share. If you have ever given thought to lucid dreams (think movies such as Fight Club or Vanilla Sky) then you will certainly have a deeper appreciation for these simple words:

The breeze at dawn has secrets to tell you.
Don't go back to sleep.
You must ask for what you really want.
Don't go back to sleep.
Thoughts cross the doorsill where two worlds touch.
The door is open.
Don't go back to sleep.
-Djalal ad Din Rumi

Have a wonderful day and think about the ones you love, there thinking about you.

Peace and Love, Jim
www.thedailybuddha.com




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

there are three words that i use each morning to get out of bed - just do it.

9:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I travel, I often find myself restless when it comes to sleep. With the exception of a few places, I for the most part find myself waking up at odd hours in the morning. I often am asleep, yet am aware that I am sleeping. I know everyone has this feeling - but I wonder what causes it to happen more often when i am on vacation or business trips?

I often find that while I am in this "dual state of mind" that I experience strange dreams, often of falling or flying. On one ocassion, my dream foretold 3 events in the day that I had to say out loud, "I just had deja vu!" I wonder if deja vu is the minds eye to the parallel?

Nice quote by the way! I think I'll rent Vanilla Sky this week :)

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home