Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Direction

Good Morning,

Many times in life we can get sidetracked or frustrated. The things that cause us this can be anything from people, family and coworkers to jobs, chores and business in general. It is so easy to get caught up in the dramas of others or the momentum of the moment, to get lost along the way. Life moves very quickly for all of us these days and without time to step out of the picture and see it for what it is, we too often find ourselves swept away in the currents wondering which way is up.

It is in this moments that I remember a simple verse of poetry I picked up in college. It's words and meaning have often gotten me back on path and reminded me of why I am doing the things I have chosen. I know we all go through these times and in that spirit I share this verse with you and encourage sharing it with others, we all need a little direction sometimes: I will not die an unlived life.

I will not live in fear of falling or catching fire.

I choose to inhabit my days, to allow my living to open me, to make me less afraid, more accessible, to loosen my heart until it becomes a wing, a torch, a promise.

I choose to risk my significance; to live so that which comes to me as seed goes to the next as blossom and that which comes to me as blossom, goes on as fruit.

Have a beautiful day and consider this: We seldom end up where we wanted to go, but almost always end up where we need to be.

Peace and Love, Jim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home