Love
Love is a tough subject. Everyone loves and yet everyone seems to
have a different definition of love. We have genuine love, true love
and tough love, but are all of these the same? Is love that
subjective or does it have a standard? When we say we love someone
just what are we really saying?
When I say, I love someone, it's not because I want them or because I
can't have them. It really has nothing to do with me. I love what
someone is, what they can become, or how far they have gotten. I've
seen their kindness and their strength, their best and their worst. I
understand with perfect clarity exactly what someone is, and I love
them regardless. I can love my enemies (if I have any) for the
lessons they bring me, I can love my friends for the joys we share,
and I can love my partners for their continued growth and eternal
optimism.
I guess my question to each of you is what is love? Can it be defined
or is it something we just do and believe in? Is love truly
unconditional and can we as humans embrace this unconditionality?
Most people I know have a hard time loving their enemies and an even
harder time loving people they do not know.
Many of you who read this blog are highly skilled thinkers, parents
and people with plenty of experience to share. I would LOVE to hear
your thoughts are experiences with love and it's beautiful
complexities. Please feel free to comment through the blogs are send
me a personal email at: jim@thedailybuddha.com. Love is such a
beautiful thing in so many ways and I look forward to hearing how it
plays out in lives of others. I am looking forward to hearing from
you all!
Have a peaceful day and remember - Love is like a psychic experience.
Everyone tells ghost stories, but few have ever seen a ghost.
Peace and Love, Jim

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home