Often I am asked what is so important about being present and aware
from moment to moment. Why try to stay focused on each minute of
one's life when running on auto pilot really does not seem so bad?
What is the use of planning to be able to eat next week unless I can
really enjoy each meal as it comes? If I am so busy planning how to
eat next week that I cannot fully enjoy what I am eating now, I will
be in the same predicament when next week's meals become "now."
If our happiness at this moment consists largely in reviewing happy
memories and expectations, we are but dimly aware of the present
moment. We shall still be dimly aware of the present when the good
things that we have been expecting comes to pass. For we shall have
formed a habit of looking behind and ahead, making it difficult for
us to attend to the here and now. If, then, our awareness of the past
and future makes me less aware of the present, I must begin to wonder
whether I am actually living in the real world.
Pay attention to the wandering horse that is your mind. Train this
horse and ride the winds or presence, clarity and understanding.
Have a wonderful and attentive day!
Peace and Love, Jim

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home