The Day
Today is my birthday and when it rolls around I always seem to sit
down and stock of my life, where I have been, where I am, and where I
am headed. It is an irresistible urge and I give in to it every year.
This year i have noticed that the ritual is not as important and I
have no real desire to look back and the future will get here with or
without me. I have genuinely come to appreciate each day for the
power of opportunity it provides. So today I celebrate life, the good
and the bad. I celebrate the successes and the failures, the tender
moments and the painful ones.
Today I celebrate the day.
This is the most important day in my life. Because this is the day I
am now living.
When my life is headed in an undesirable direction, this is the day I
can change it. If there are goals I am longing to fulfill, this is
the day I can follow them.
This day, right now, is the day when I can put to use all the
knowledge, experience and wisdom I've accumulated. On this very day,
I can do the things I've been meaning to do and connect with the
people I've been meaning to see.
On this day, I have a world full of choices. On this day, there are
more possibilities than ever before.
Of all the days I've ever lived, and of all the days to come, this is
the one special day that now matters the most. For it is on this very
day that I can now think and speak and act and love and live.
As a gift to each of you, give yourself a quiet, peaceful moment, and
grasp the immense value that is all of ours on this very day. Then
step forward and fill it with beautiful life.
Namaste, Jim

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home