Talking the Talk
Good Morning,
I was reading some of the passages spoken by The Buddha. Many of them were surprisingly relevant considering the period he walked this planet (2500 years ago).
I know we are always asked on a daily basis to prove our selves to someone, some how on some level. Who has not had to interview for a job? or interview someone else for a position they had open? When I came across today's thought I chuckled out loud because it looks like even 2500 years ago, the seeds of doubt about a persons composure and background were already in place. Funny how time never changes somethings.
"A dog is not considered a good dog because he is a good barker. A man is not considered a good man because he is a good talker."
Buddha
Everyone have a great day and may you not have the need to bark at or bite anyone today!
Peace and Love, Jim
jim@thedailybuddha.com
www.thedailybuddha.com

2 Comments:
I came across this quote a while back while watching the Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex series. After hearing it, I had to look it up - it struck a cord with me, a thought that never crossed my mind...
"The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of a mature man is that he wants to live humbly; for one."
Author: Wilhelm Stekel
The world makes it seem that the ideal reason for doing something, is because you want to be remembered for it. To "die trying", or "die for a cause", is a popular motto for movies and mainstream media... Afterall, it makes for a dramatic scene.
I think I prefer to live humbly :)
Beautiful quote! I fully understand and love its meanings. I have seen many people waste a beautiful lifetime for an "illusionary" cause.
Their is so much to live for and be happy with in life, unfortunately our "out of the box default" so to speak is to see all the problems. Compound that with a profession that teaches us to find the problems and we can become a pretty bewildered, miserable bunch.
Your quote reminds me that indeed as we mature we learn to over ride these defaults and in the end we find so much to live for and be humble about. Here is one given to me:
A wise man has nothing to prove, his wisdom is his alone and that is all that matters.
Peace:)
Post a Comment
<< Home