12 Steps To Prosperity
Good Morning,
A dear friend of mine has taken up the incredible journey of becoming more positive and seeing things as they truly are. I commend her on her efforts and hope she finds the inner strength to see her goal realized. This trend seems to be gaining in momentum as friends and loved ones all around me seem to be deciding to take up the same journey. We can all rest assured that each of us in some small way are attempting to make not only our lives better, but the lives of those around us as well. This brings me to some simple yet beautiful guidelines that were passed along to me:
1. First realize contentment is not a bank account.
2. Work with, not against, life's changing rhythms.
3. Look behind the obstacles you face in life, to the opportunities they represent.
4. See failure as a corrective, not as a misfortune.
5. Do not to fritter energy away with trivial desires. A leaking tap, drop by drop, wastes much water.
6. Find pleasure in simplicity.
7. Recognize that people can be your best investment. Be a true friend to all.
8. Find strength in yourself. Don't wait for passing waves to propel you forward.
9. Live in the present - not in past attainment, nor in future victories.
10. Learn the patience to adjust action to reality. In every setback, try to understand what life is trying to teach you.
11. Envy no-one. View others' successes and failures empathetically, as your own.
12. Inventiveness; success in any field demands the creative outlook of an artist. Feed it daily with fresh, new ideas - lest, like a still pond, it stagnates.
Have a beautiful day and may each of you get one step closer to the goals you seek!
Peace and Love, Jim

3 Comments:
Well, you are definitely right about those of us around you trying to move forward in a positive light. I have noticed it in many of us who read your daily emails, whether its just a simple quote from the daily emails or even a small joke about how to think better of a situation. I guess we are all tired of the same old outlook on life - and with each day presenting more tasks and obsticals to over come, it's hard to keep a positive attitude towards life. I must say, your commitment to the daily emails is commendable - I know I could not have continued on as long as you have. :)
As always thank you for your observations and kind words. Yes we are all trying to move forward in our thinking, it is a sign that as people we are able to "wake up" and see another way.
As for the emails and The Daily Buddha, I enjoy the posts and the conversations they encourage. It is truly each of you that make it so enjoyable. These days as I am slowly letting go of the concept of "me", I am discovering that once there is no "me" we must begin looking for other "higher" motivations.
One small part of such "motivations" is The Daily Buddha. I do it not so much for "me", but for those I share the world with. It is simply that I feel I have found a "way" and it has eased much worry and suffering in my life. I just want to share it with everyone because I do not like seeing others suffer.
Each of us possess the "Buddha Mind" and each of us will discover it in some lifetime. I know this and wish this for everyone.
Again thank you for the positve words and effort.
Namastae, my friend.
I too enjoy your daily words and so often mean to comment but do not take the time.
I am listening to a boook on tape about using positive vibrations and visualization to bring your desires to you. I will leave you with one of the 5 excersises I am currently using to make this happen.
The Checks: First gather your materials, you will need a checkbook ledger (or sheet of paper or excel) and paper to use as checks)
On day one, depoist $1000 into your imaginary account... and spend that $1000 with your checks... write them out with full descriptions. You can write the check to one thing or multiple. Day two deposit $2k day and so on so by day 365 you should deposit $365k and spend it all.
By doing this you will be creating positive vibrations twoards the things you desire by #1 dreaming of all the things you like and by #2 simulating the good feeling of purchasing those items.
I'm starting tomorrow! Can't wait to by my baby grand piano!
Post a Comment
<< Home