Gems
Good Morning,
Hope everyone is feeling well and had a good week. It's Friday and all the plants got a little water last night. Just wanted to end the week with a few great quotes. I have always loved quotes since i was a child, they always seemed like such little "gems" of sparkling clarity, as if they were carefully written and slaved over and not simply "spoken". I still enjoy them immensely and thought i would share a few "jewels" with everyone here on weeks end.
Enjoy and have a great weekend!
Peace and Love, Jim A big shot is a little shot that kept shooting. - unknown
No dreamer is ever too small; no dream is ever too big. - unknown
A person's true wealth is the good he or she does in the world. - Mohammed
To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe. - Anatole France
Failure is only the opportunity to begin again, this time more wisely.- unknown
The willow knows what the storm does not: that the power to endure harm outlives the power to inflict it. - Blood of the Martyr
Don't ask for a light load, but rather ask for a strong back. - unknown
Defeat is not defeat unless accepted as a reality-in your own mind - Bruce Lee
To reach a port we must sail, sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it. But we must not drift or lie at anchor. - Oliver Wendell Holmes
If the going is real easy, beware, you may be headed down hill. - unknown
Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goals. - unknown
He who seeks rest finds boredom....He who seeks work finds rest. - unknown
Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 Comments:
Love this quote - He who seeks rest finds boredom....He who seeks work finds rest. - unknown
Is so true for me. I know that when I have worked hard, rest will come. For me it is in the allowing the rest to come. Accepting that I must rest is critical. For so many years I questioned the need, and would often find myself collapsed in fatigue. These days, my meditation practice and prayer time, allows for the notion of respite to come more meaningfully inot my life. I feel and experience rest in such a new way. It is now a place of healing, rejuvenation, inspiration for my life. I no longer feel like I am wasting time resting. It has found it's place in my life in an organic way. And most importanly I have let go of fighting it. So much more peaceful!!
Post a Comment
<< Home