Buddhist Humor
Good Morning,
The Buddha was known to have a great sense of humor. Today I simply wanted to share a few quotes and insights that have put a smile on my face. Take care and have a wonderful weekend!
Blessed is he who finds happiness in his own foolishness. For he will always be happy.
Hell was OK, until some wise guy went to heaven and came back
Living your life is a task so difficult, it has never been attempted before.
Disciple: Oh wise and all knowing one, show me the place of perfect peace. Master: If I show it to you, it will know longer be peaceful.
Paradise is exactly like where you are right now ... only much, much better.
The Zen philosopher Basho once wrote: A flute with no holes is not a flute, and a doughnut with no hole is a Danish.'
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
Your personality is an often insurmountable speed-bump on the path to Nirvana.
Nothing leads me further from attachment than a week with the in-laws
This morning, I received one of those rude mails. The person wrote me this one-line mail: buddha is dead you moron move on with your life" And I replied: You are alive, friend, move on with Buddha's death.
The Buddha was not really a god. In fact, he thought it quite odd That we go all around Worshipping mounds more mindless than peas in a pod!
Birds it would seem are so intent on being birds that they have no time to speculate on their not being birds.
Some people think that Buddhist practice and meditation are about stopping thoughts. As the saying goes, if that were true, a coconut would be enlightened..... Let's remember that upon attaining enlightenment the Buddha smiled. This is very important. He didn't have to smile. He could have grimaced or remained neutral, but he smiled.
Its amazing that the Buddha had such a grasp on the reality of suffering without ever having to go to the DMV.
I'm astounded by people who want to 'know' the universe when it's hard enough to find their way around town.
When I first started reading about Buddhism, I said this emptiness is really heavy!
A Zen master once said to me, Do the opposite of whatever I tell you. So I didn't
Peace and Love, Jim

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home