Seven Wonders
Good Morning,
Back in elementary school we were studying the Seven Wonders of the World. At the end of the lesson, we were asked to list what we considered to be the Seven Wonders of the World. Though there was some disagreement, the following received the most votes:
1. Egypt's Great Pyramids 2. The Taj Mahal in India 3. The Grand Canyon in Arizona 4. The Panama Canal 5. The Empire State Building 6. St. Peter's Basilica 7. China's Great Wall
Always being a little different made me the shy one. The teacher being her usual diligent self noted that I had not participated in the discussions and I hadn't turned in my paper yet. So she asked if I was having trouble with the list. Quietly and almost in tears (I was painfully shy) I replied yes, a little. I couldn't quite make up my mind because there were so many and we did not talk about the really important ones. The teacher was a bit shocked because she felt we HAD covered them all, so she said; Jimi there aren't that many, tell us what you have, and maybe we can help.
Knowing I was past the point of no return I fumbled with my paper and nervously begin to read aloud; I think the Seven Wonders of the World are: 1. to touch... 2. to taste... 3. to see... 4. to hear... 5. to feel... 6. to laugh... 7. and to love.
I remember the room being so quiet, you could have heard a pin drop and the teacher just smiled at me through her own tears as she took my paper.
Many times in our lives we get caught up the webs live weaves and forget how beautifully simple life and it's wonders really are. I just wanted to share this story as a gentle reminder to all of us that the things we overlook as simple and ordinary are often the most wonderful - and we don't have to travel anywhere or do anything special to experience them.
Have a wonderful day and enjoy your gifts!
Peace and Love, Jim

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home