Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Boundless

Good Morning,

As I sit here surrounded by both beauty and poverty, I have come to realize that through the beautiful, kind and loving people here (and yes I have been into the city and slums here) the lines between the two (wealth and poverty) vanish with understanding. There is a certain relationship here between all people and during a conversation with Ebel (one of the house keepers here) last night I learned that all anyone wants is happiness for all.

I am not being idealistic or naive, i have just seen the threads that connect each of us. Ebel shared a wonderful thought with me (through his broken english and my translator on my MAC):

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful.

Have a glorious day and let us all be thankful for yet another opportunity to become glorious ourselves. Love knows no bounds.
Peace and Love, Jim
jim@thedailybuddha.com
www.thedailybuddha.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home