The Team
Good Morning,
I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed their time in some small way! I was preparing my breakfast this morning and as I sat to eat I began to think about all the hidden connections and unseen dependency on others I have that allow me to enjoy this simple meal. My grapes required the energy of the sunshine and the earth to grow. Their vines were tended to by countless workers and harvested by countless more. My eggs were laid by another living creature who needed sun, water, food, energy and time, all drawn from the same earth I share. As I looked upon my plate I saw countless families, the sun, clouds and rain all coming together to produce this plate of food. I saw how we are all connected by the threads we call life and I am amazed that we think we could ever exist without each other. In some grand way it seems we truly are our brothers keeper, we just may not always see it, which brings me to this thought: The path to greatness is along with others.
Have a great day and remember that teamwork simply stated, is less me and more we!
Peace and Love, Jim

2 Comments:
Well put man, I think this is something most people definitely take for granted. It always freaks me out when I think about stuff like that. So many people worked so hard to make my life easier. Sure many people will justify it with “well, I work just as hard and I deserve it”, which I’m sure they do, but we all just need to be aware of the collective teamwork that we do everyday. It makes me so grateful whenever I think about it. And at the same time it scares me because I am so dependent on other people, as well as things. I mean, what would happen if we ran out of gas, or electricity, or water. My life would certainly be much harder and very complicated. I sometimes think that I’m so accustomed to my lifestyle that I’m not sure I could learn to live another way…although I do admit that I’m pretty sure most of it is because I wouldn’t want to because I like it like this ;) yes, I’m lazy, I like my washing machine, dish washer, the restaurant down the street for when I don’t feel like cooking and so on…I suppose all these amenities make my life easier and allow me to focus on other things that I enjoy more. But I just can’t help and think what if they were all taken away from me in the blink of an eye. I wonder what I would do.
Anyways, that’s really straying off the subject there, so I just wanted to say that it’s a wonderful point you made there. The human race is a lot more integrated then we think we are and I suppose that’s a wonderful thing. We certainly are creatures of dependency…now if only everyone could just realize that.
Great insights! yes we are all dependant on each other and i too enjoy many of the conveinences of life. There is nothing wrong with that. I do believe people will wake up and realize that we need each other in order to continue down our path. We each may have to hit a rough spot to wake us up and make us realize it, but we all will get there, I believe this in my heart. :)
Thanks and peace!
Post a Comment
<< Home