Thursday, September 14, 2006

A Piece

Good Morning,

Over the last few weekends I have been helping out some friends with a construction project. One day while taking a break sitting atop a gravel pile I began to notice the individual pieces of gravel. As I looked more intently I also found the plastic pieces of the blasting caps that separated these small rocks. Each rock I picked up was individual and unique in it's own way, no two were alike and yet they all came (were blasted actually) from the same giant source rock.

In my younger days I would have no part of religion. I was not anti religious it was just being presented to me in a way I did not care for, therefore like most I simply avoided it. God for me was simply a concept I neither cared for or had no place in my life for (at the time). These days I am constantly reminded by moments like those on the rock pile that I did not just appear here and although I may be unique, I still come from a single source. Many people may be uncomfortable with calling this source "God" and that's fine, my point is that we must all come from one original source. Many people can believe that all apples originated from a single apple seed somewhere back in the dawn of beginnings and most can even believe that other forms of life started with an original gene pool, yet we often do no want to believe that in all of our individual glory we too stem from one source.

For me these days the logic can be no other way. I am like the rock or the apple. I have characteristics which make me different, but really I come from one source, I am connected to all people through that source. We all ultimately came from that one big rock and as we were blasted away from the source material we became aware of what we were and the world for us changed in that instant.

Being aware and conscience of this has brought me closer to people, it has allowed me to see the threads that connect us all and that connection has changed my perceptions and attitudes towards a world I once felt I did not fit into. I am still not a religious fanatic (although some may perceive me as crazy) I have simply reached a point in my life where spirituality and being connected with others is more important than being a individual piece of stone. I am a part of all that I have met.

Have a beautiful day and carry this thought: The entire ocean can be affected by a single pebble.

Peace and Love, Jim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home