Friday, March 23, 2007

Inspiration

Good Morning,

As a professional designer I seek inspiration everyday. Not only have
i learned that inspiration is unpredictable and moody. . . I have
also learned to embrace it as such.

This was a hard lesson to learn and working a 9 to 5 design job made
it even tougher. Inspiration gets lost in the tiny cracks between the
mundane, the usual and the expected. Inspiration has a unique way of
making even the most mundane chore more desirable. When your inspired
to paint your house it is much more tolerable than when you HAVE to
paint your house. Inspiration is as fickle as any other emotion and
when you could use a little it never seems to be around. So where
does inspiration come from?

Well it does not like to be forced or bossed. The reality is that you
must allow inspiration to come to you and be open to receive it.
There is a certain freedom that comes with realizing that I don't
have the answers. The less I go looking and the more I simply set my
self up to be open when inspiration arrives the more liberated I feel.

Sometimes we look so hard for something that we miss it altogether,
so learning to be comfortable with the unanswered, the unpredictable,
and inconsistent is one of the greatest lessons learned. I also
realized that asking questions is far more inspiring than having
answers and the world is full of questions.

If we just keep our eyes, ears and minds open to the world
inspiration will always find us. We just need to surrender to the
fickle nature of our minds (and thus inspiration). It's OK that
things are not always in our control. After all, what would be so
inspiring about the expected, the usual or the predictable?

Have a beautiful weekend!

Peace and Love, Jim

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jim,
I came upon your blog several months ago when searching for (Buddha's) "Shine" quote. I have never been a "blogger" but I liked what I read so much that I've kept it in mind and visit from time to time. Each time I read, it's as though your entry was written just for me, sometimes uncannily so. There are no coincidences, right? I truly appreciate your introspections, meditations, and observations, and without even knowing you, I've come to find you inspirational and worthy of emulation. Just thought it might brighten your day to know you've brightened some else's. Thanks for keeping my wheels turning.

Truly,
Alicia
Scottsdale, AZ

5:25 AM  
Blogger The Daily Buddha said...

Thank you so much Alicia, your comments have certainly brightened my day. As the rain nourishes the earth, you have fed me, it is most appreciated.

On another note. . . I can add your email to my private list (never shared or sold) and you can receive the daily buddha posts directly. Just send me an email (jim@thedailybuddha.com). Take care and have a beautiful day!

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home