Courage
I have a simple principle that I apply to most of my actions,
thoughts and misgivings - regardless of what I do (good or bad) I
take responsibility for it, I own up to it and allow others to know
my mistakes as well. To me nothing builds trust, or demonstrates
maturity more that the ability to own up to our actions. It is such a
strong principle that I even incorporated it into our employee
handbook at work - "Know when you are wrong and be willing to say I
am off track here, let me look at this again and see what I can do."
I have learned though that it takes a certain type of courage to be
honest and open in this manner. We seem to be ashamed or fearful of
being judged for our actions or when we make mistakes. However, when
we are honest and open about our actions we bring others in, they
feel as though they are a part of the course and not just a helpless
spectator. When people care they truly want to be there for those
they love. Again this takes courage for everyone involved to be open
and understanding.
Where does courage come from? What brings courage to life?
Courage is the commitment to do what we know is right. Courage arises
when we integrity will not allow any other choice. Courage comes from
following a purpose that goes beyond ones own petty concerns. Because
of that, courage gives far-reaching power and consequence to our
actions. In the short term, courage can often appear foolish. In the
long run, courage has the power to move the whole world in a positive
direction. Courage asks much of you, yet it is not complicated and is
always within your reach. Courage is truth put into action.
Have a beautiful day and ponder this thought - In every moment,
courage is there for you to choose. In every moment, courage is the
choice that will fulfill the best of who you are.
Peace and Love, Jim

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home