Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Within

Good Morning,

In my youthful days as a singer for a punk band I often felt the
brunt of the world in a personal manner. I could clearly see (so I
thought) what I considered injustice and the error in our ways. . .
clearly a sign of my agitated youth. My approach back then was aimed
at others - verbal attacks on our political leaders, outward
aggression towards the things I felt were wrong, and a dislike for
situations I felt were wrong. I truly felt the power and beauty of my
youth. . . my energy was simply being spent without due thought.

Now many years later I have grown enough and become wise enough to
know you will never solve your problems by getting other people to
change. The way to move beyond whatever is holding you back is to
make positive changes within yourself.

The problem is never the particular situation we are in. The problem
is the way we interpret and relate to that situation. It is not the
way we are treated by others. It is the way we allow the actions of
others to affect you.
Regardless of what has happened in our past, it becomes a problem if
we continue to let the past hold us back. When we take complete
responsibility for a problem, suddenly we are ninety percent of the
distance toward solving it. For when we truly take responsibility
without fear, we gain real and powerful insights that allow us to
move forward.

There is no driver behind the wheel except for yourself and it is up
to us to choose where to go. The great thing is that we already have
everything we need to make the trip!

Have a beautiful day and hold this thought - Sometimes you have to
let go to see if there was anything worth holding on to.

Peace and Love, Jim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home