Monday, October 23, 2006

Small Joys

Good Morning,

I thought I would start this week off a little differently. Often enough in life we as humans tend to get bogged down in life. We either focus on those things we do not have, the people that put us to the test, or forget all the small wonderful things that can make each moment special. Sometimes it helps to sit back and take stock of all the little pleasures we take for granted or do not consciously give attention to. In that spirit I would like to list some of my favorite things in life and encourage each of you reading this post to share yours as well. You can email your list to me personally at: jim@thedailybuddha.com or post to the blog at http://www.thedailybuddha.com or http://thedailybuddha.zaadz.com/blog.

The simplest things can be the most enjoyable, taking stock in our small joys is one way to remind ourselves of the moments we may may take for granted. Here are some of mine and I look forward to hearing about some of yours. have a beautiful day and remember a joy shared is a joy doubled!

My small joys:
Realizing the beauty and strength in others (even when they don't).
Hot cups of delicious Marsala Chai Tea with lots of cream and sugar (In my favorite double mug please).
The morning (wet ones, cold ones, quite ones, all mornings in general)
Getting mail (the possibilities excite me).
Other peoples accomplishments (there is nothing more thrilling than to see someone else succeed).
Solving problems and/or puzzles (I always enjoyed a good problem)
Meditation (In the mornings!)
Children ( as long as they are someone else's!)
Eating out (it does not matter where, as long as I am out)
Noodles (when i let myself have them)
Magic (as in magicians and not voodoo guru)
Building Fires on cold nights.
Good Conversations (I like deep, detailed discussions, but any will do!)
Cooking
My work (now if I can learn when to stop!)
Writing
Drawing
Creating (anything)
Quite moments with my wife
Quite moments with myself (and my chai tea)
You.
Learning more about the gift of my life.
Helping others.

Don't be afraid to share yours! You may make someone's day a little brighter and a little lighter, maybe even your own!

Peace and Love, Jim

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home