Tuesday, March 14, 2006

The Lowly Task

Good Morning,

As many of you know we have a new edition in our family, she is a min pin and her name Is Chai. Along with her tiny cute self comes a large amount of responsibility and plenty of dirty jobs to do. Sometimes we may feel certain jobs are "dirty" or maybe it's below us. We could simply call it "dirty work" or "low level grunt work". I know that many of us move on in either our personal or professional lives and simply do not perform some of the lowly little tasks we used to. Their is certainly nothing wrong with this, but I have noticed over the years that sometimes when I would revisit a task I use to do, or a department I use to manage, I always seemed to gain a bit of insight into something I was now doing. I always seemed to have a better perspective of that task both then and now, which brings me todays thought:

Wisdom is often nearer when we stoop, than when we soar. —William Wordsworth

Have a great day and be a new point of view for someone today!


Peace and Love, Jim
jim@thedailybuddha.com
www.thedailybuddha.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

dog poop :D

Today's quote rings so true to me, especially when it comes to watching people. When I'm out and about, and have nothing to do, I watch people and often learn more about that person, just by watching then by talking.

Funny how even when I meet someone new, I can often get a sense of what kind of person they, just by watching from across the room. Sometimes all it takes is a simple handshake and a few short conversations. Often I can tell if someone is faking it, and dispite their efforts, I can see their true self behind the act.

The scary thing is I've done this enough that I have warned people of bad friends. Yet, several months down the line the friendship broke up because they realized the true person was not who they thought they were.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home