Engage
Good Morning,
I promised myself that the day I felt uninspired to write would be the day I would no longer post to The Daily Buddha. Well today marks the 200th daily buddha I have written! I would never have thought I could do such a thing, but with time I have learned how to fully engage life allowing me to accomplish feats I never would have dreamed possible just a short time back. Engaging life without fear or resistance requires just a small shift in our thinking.
The shift required is surprisingly ordinary: simply to be who we are where we are, to subtly shift from getting somewhere quickly to being somewhere completely. By taking this approach we discover not only a larger view of our lives, but also a basic truth about being human: by genuinely being ourselves in the present moment, we become alert, open and skilled. When we are in our lives completely we began to see that whatever comes along (good or bad) is our life and we actively appreciate it and respect it for being so.
Thank you to each of you who wanted to be included in The Daily Buddha, I hope you have enjoyed and received something from them. . .I certainly have.
Have a beautiful day and remember that life's invitation to wake up and participate stare us in the face everyday, we only need to open our eyes and accept the offer.
Peace and Love, Jim

2 Comments:
Congrats on teh 200th Daily Buddha! You have surpassed my greatest expectations with this and as always I am glad to have a mind as bright as yours in my life.
This Daily Buddha has been a continuing reminder to me, that even when things look their darkest, I will always have friends to be the light. As cheesey that all sounds - it's a true feeling that I often need reminding of to keep me grounded and in the light.
Nothing cheesy about it my friend. You and Anna are a daily inspiration to us as well and that is the reason we (Kelly and I) sometimes miss you guys so much. We know we are older and may not be as cool or hip or fit in with some of your other friends, but we genuinely try and love everyone whether they know it or not. We always value the moments we do get to spend together and respect the time we have together.
Watching you guys grow and evolve in your lives gives us all a sense of hope. Hope that instead of feeling that the younger generation is getting worse. . .it is actually getting better, getting wiser and that makes all our futures brighter!
Love you both and Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment
<< Home