Small Things
Good Morning, As most of you know by now Kelly and I have brought a little friend into our family. I know it seems off character and somehow off brand for the "on the go" Jim and Kelly team you all know. Our little friend Chai is a delightful min-pin pup that puts an equally delightful smile on my loving wife's kind face. Although we have never considered ourselves the parenting type, their is no denying the rewards (and pains) of extending love and kindness to smallest of creatures.
I mindfully enjoy each minute with Chai and know she is changing before my very eyes and again although she is not a child I can understand in some small way the beauty of it all. This brings me to the thought for the day:
Harmonizing heart and mind through love and compassion is what can establish a complete intelligence, a complete self, where a one can look at life and realize there are no dead ends, there are always possibilities. The greatest gift a one can give another during all the ups and downs of life is love.
Have a wonderful day and try flying a kite this weekend, it's a beautiful way to let your mind soar.
Peace and Love, Jim
jim@thedailybuddha.com
www.thedailybuddha.com

4 Comments:
Yeah, love is what keeps the world go round. But I wonder why we all fall for "the little guy". The smaller a living creature is, the more "cute" it is, and it makes us go "awwwww, I want one." I wonder if we are programed to feel that way to ensure that we look after and care for our species' babies?
Glad to see that you both enjoy your new addition to the family. Can I come over and play!
I think Chai will bring you new and rewarding experiences to your life. Even the smallest of creatures cause us to me mindful and aware of them, thus making us more aware of our surroundings and how we act within them.
While not everyone may be up for parenting, I think everyone has the human instinct of wanting to care for something/someone. Some people have kids, pets, spouses, whatever it may be, they bring joy into each other’s lives. :)
Yes I recently I have been learning to love all things of all sizes and have understanding and compassion for all living creatures. I truly see we are all connected by the same thread and if I can not unconditionally love and devote time to others then what am i really saying about myself?
Our little Chai is teaching us more than we could have ever taught ourselves:)
Well put my friends, well put.
Peace and love
Post a Comment
<< Home